Last Edited on April 19, 2016
Your privacy is extremely important to us. A key element of our business is to respect and protect your privacy. We are also committed to being upfront about our privacy practices, including how we treat your personal information. Above all, we do not sell your personal information.
What information do we collect?
You can visit our Website without registering for an account. When you visit and/or use our Website, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies; and
- information from your interaction with our Website and services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from www.100mileliving.ca, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information. IP addresses are unique numbers assigned by Internet Service Providers (ISP) to all devices used to access the Internet. Web servers automatically log the IP addresses of visitors to their sites. The IP address, on its own, does not identify an individual. However, in certain circumstances, such as with the co-operation of an ISP for example, it could be used to identify an individual using the site. For this reason, 100 Mile Living considers the IP address to be personal information, particularly when combined with other data automatically collected when a visitor requests a Web page, such as the page or pages visited and the date and time of the visit.
When do we collect additional personal information?
We collect any information you enter on our Website or that you provide to us when you create an account and become a member. As a member, to use our platform, you will need to provide us with a valid email address and you create a username. Your username is publicly displayed and connected to your activity on the Website. Other people may see the date you joined; ratings, reviews and related photos for items you are selling; your profile information; your business website; and comments you post on the Website. You may optionally choose to provide and publicly display your full name and phone number. As a member, you control the information you want to display on your listing page. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers.
How do we protect visitor information?
- In order to protect the privacy and personal information of Users, our Website uses industry-standard security measures such as internet firewalls, intrusion detection, and network monitoring. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- Our Website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular malware scanning.
- In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- All financial transactions are processed through a secure gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you disable cookies, some features may be disabled including those that make the site more efficient, possibly negatively affecting your experience.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to outside parties. This does not include website hosting partners and other third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our Users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, we may share generic, aggregated and non-personal visitor information to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
The Website contain links to other websites for convenience purposes only. 100 Mile Living is not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties and their websites.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.