- Listed: June 9, 2019 11:47 PM
- Expires: 652 days, 5 hours
We grow beautiful, sustainable, seasonal blooms on our farms in Northern Alberta. We grow unique flowers are cut fresh daily to make beautiful bouquets delivered straight to you.
Bar OA Farms
We are currently participating in a pilot project for an economic facts label. This label will eventually be on all of our products. The label provides consumers with economic transparency - where their money is being spent on the product (labour, marketing, direct materials etc.). It also tells the customer the percentage of their money that is supporting which geographic location around the world. As part of this project, 15% of the sale is reinvested back into community.
We are working towards eliminating single use plastic. All of our bouquets are wrapped items that are compostable.
Our flowers are grown locally and don't have to travel thousands of kilometers (often by plane) to get to our customers.
We use sustainable growing practices
To grow our flowers about 80% of our seeds/bulbs/tubers are sourced from other Canadian growers and companies. Some hard to get seeds are sourced from growers in the USA.
Materials used to grow our flowers such as irrigation equipment, pots, tools, lights, etc are purchased from other businesses in Alberta and Ontario.
At the Ottewell Artisan Farmers Market on Thursday evening at the Waldorf Independent School
At pop up shops - check the website for event listings.
What does Bar OA mean?
Livestock branding is a technique for marking livestock so as to identify the owner.Most brands include capital letters or numerals, often combined with other symbols such a slash, circle, half circle, cross, or bar. Bar OA is the original brand of Bryanna's grandfather, Arthur 'Buck' Pierce. Buck was a pioneer in sustainable farming, Buck raised Suffolk sheep and Hereford Cattle in Northern Alberta.
The Bar OA brand was passed down to Bryanna's mom Colleen, and now has been passed down to Bryanna.
Community Supported Agriculture Subscription
74 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Overall
- Wildlife – 100% Pure Beeswax Candle (5236 views)
- Community Garden Plots and Two Year Old Composted Manure (5222 views)
- Do You Rep Your Pacific NorthWest Lifestyle? (1489 views)
- Shampoo Bar – Handmade – Cold Process Soap – Whey – Rosemary – Peppermint – Tea Tree – Natural – Hair Cair (1306 views)
- 100% Pure Bee Pollen (1234 views)
- The So Good Company Natural Deodorant Cream (1183 views)
- Clownfish Cool (1166 views)
- Lowen’s Natural Skincare: Butter Balm – All Purpose Skin Balm (1135 views)
- Plant Study III: Croton Plant Embroidery (1133 views)
- Motorcycle Motherboard Clock (1121 views)