Handmade in Lethbridge, Ab. we build species specific nest boxes for House Wrens, Black-capped Chickadees, Red-breasted Nuthatches, Downy Woodpeckers and Northern Flickers.
Custom designs and additional species available on request!
Each nest box comes with:
– FAQ and Care sheet
– Fridge card with fun facts and quick tips on the bird your nest box is designed for
– small bag of shavings to get your nest box started
-$2 donation made from each box sold donated to the Alberta Birds of Prey Centre in Coaldale, Alberta
*Bumble Bee Nest Box comes loaded with raw cotton*
Nest Box features:
– Species specific entrance hole
– Swing open side door for annual cleaning with hardwood latch
– Ventilation holes and recessed floor with ventilation cut outs to prevent moisture buildup
– Roof overhang
– Inside “ladder” for fledgling assistance
– Mounting post with predrilled holes for easy hanging
– Cedar wood treated on outside only with mineral oil or non toxic stain or exterior grade hardwood painted with on outside only with exterior paint (Northern Flicker box)
Locally sourced materials (within Lethbridge and Coalhurst, Ab) for building.
DM us on Instagram @prairiebirdnestboxes or Facebook.
Watch for us at local markets!
Local pick up or delivery available.
$2 from each bird nest box sold is donated to our local volunteer wildlife rescue centre, the Alberta Birds of Prey Centre in Coaldale, Alberta to help with their rescue and release work.
$2 from each Bumble Bee nest box sold is donated to the Alberta Native Bee Council.
We provide critical nesting boxes for Canada’s dwindling bird and bee populations.
Our nest boxes are species specific and built to the standards set out by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and Alberta Native Bee Council to ensure the best chance of success for nesting wildlife.
We encourage those who’ve bought a nest box to make their yards backyard wildlife sanctuaries.
293 total views, 1 today